With Love From a Hockey Mom for Humboldt

1. Val

April 8th, 2018 at 6:44 pm

Beautiful tribute from the heart. You so eloquently said what every hockey mom everywhere is thinking & feeling. Thank you for putting your thoughts & feelings in prints! It could have been any of us who have or had kids in hockey going down this terrible road in the aftermath of this horrific accident that snuffed out 15 bright lights & injured 14 others. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved and hope they all feel the love and grief of the entire country behind them as they struggle to move forward.

2. Carla Lehman Photography

April 9th, 2018 at 5:34 pm

Val, I can’t agree with you more. Thank you for your words. xo

3. Angela

April 8th, 2018 at 10:57 pm

Beautiful ❤

4. Carla Lehman Photography

April 9th, 2018 at 5:35 pm

Thanks Angela. xoxo

5. Lindsay

April 8th, 2018 at 11:10 pm

Carla this is beautifully written.
    Your words are felt at the most gut wrenching level!
    Thoughts and prayers to all!

6. Carla Lehman Photography

April 9th, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Thank you Lindsay, this was such a hard post to write, but I felt led to put my words out there in the hope that they help.

7. Guy Bellerose

April 9th, 2018 at 12:54 am

Carla you have captured in words and images the feelings we are all struggling to say.

8. Carla Lehman Photography

April 9th, 2018 at 5:38 pm

Thank you so much Guy. An entire nation is mourning.

9. Chantele Cumberbatch

April 9th, 2018 at 1:31 am

Sending my deepest condolences to any and everyone affected by the tragic loss of the Humboldt Broncos team players and organization. As a parent, I cannot fathome the thought of losing a child or loved one. This hits home so deeply. I am praying for everyone affected and sending prayers. We love you all and we are with you #humboldt

10. Carla Lehman Photography

April 9th, 2018 at 5:39 pm

Thank you so much Chantele. It terrifies all of us, worst nightmare come true. I’m praying too.

11. Morgan Hull

April 9th, 2018 at 5:24 am

Carla I can barely look at my screen from the tears that blur my eyes. I’m so glad you made this post because you managed to put what we are all feeling into words. A parent never fearsome putting their child in a sport because of the risk that they might lose a child. And so they shouldn’t. Although the young men of Humboldt lost their lives on their way to the sport they love. That same sport has saved so many of us. That’s why this tragedy hits so deep within the hockey community. Because it could easily have been any team. The team from across the province, the team you compete against or even the team you call your own.
    Because we all play to be better ourselves and support one another and that’s exactly what this nation needs right now. Such a wonderful post Carla

12. Carla Lehman Photography

April 9th, 2018 at 5:43 pm

Oh Mo,
    We have such a wonderful hockey family and community, and I agree with you, hockey has enriched my life, my kids’ lives, and I’ve seen it save kids at risk. When I think of our team, and you girls, I don’t know how I would cope. Love you kid.

13. Lisa Watson

April 9th, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Thank you for your heartwrenching words. What more can I say….

14. Carla Lehman Photography

April 9th, 2018 at 5:44 pm

Thank you Lisa. I really struggled with whether to post this, but I felt it was so important to show my support in whatever way I could. xo

15. Shelly

April 9th, 2018 at 12:35 pm

My prayers go out to all the moms and dads and family memebers…i find myself going about the day and your tragedy puts me in tears for u all. Cant imagine ur pain or loss.. I will continue to pray for u all and hope they god wraps his arms around u all and my hope for u is that one day u wont feel your hearts ripped from ur bodies in tears!!! With deep condolences and heart ache for u a hockey patent of 18 years..😥🙏🏻🙏🏻

16. Carla Lehman Photography

April 9th, 2018 at 5:45 pm

Thanks Shelly, we all grieve and pray together.

17. Donna

April 9th, 2018 at 1:56 pm

Your words are powerful. May you be blessed. The whole world mourns for the lives lost in Humbolt. And may we find joy in the knowledge that some are healing. #PrayforHumbolt

18. Carla Lehman Photography

April 9th, 2018 at 5:47 pm

Thank you Donna, blessings to you.

19. Ellaina

April 10th, 2018 at 1:52 am

Beautiful
    My thoughts your words
    Peace be with you all around the nation, May the healing come soon enough and give us strength forever. None will be forgotten. You have touched our souls Broncos ♥️
    I’m so blessed to have a son so he to can be a part of this national hockey family !

20. Carla Lehman Photography

April 10th, 2018 at 3:58 pm

Thank you Ellaina, I too, have been blessed with hockey players, and am proud to be a part of this hockey family. Your words brought tears to my eyes.

21. Kyla

April 10th, 2018 at 11:42 pm

You have spoken so well what so many of us are feeling. My eyes blur with tears each and every time I think of this terrible tragedy and what the survivors now have to face. Your words are so beautiful. It was truly hard to read as I could not see through my tears. My thoughts are prayers are with each and every person involved, hoping to give some invisible strength to help them to heal.

22. Carla Lehman Photography

April 12th, 2018 at 2:54 pm

Thank you so much Kyla. It was so hard to write, I was sobbing by the end of it. The loss we all feel collectively for everyone involved is so overwhelming and such a helpless feeling. Thank you for your comment, I’m praying too for strength for everyone involved.

23. Ellen Miller

April 11th, 2018 at 12:05 am

Your comments strike to the core of hockey families across this continent. I’m grieving for the loss, because I too am a hockey grandma in a neighboring country who shares your hearth ache .

24. Carla Lehman Photography

April 12th, 2018 at 2:52 pm

Ellen, thank you so much for sharing your words, you just brought tears to my eyes.

25. Laura West

April 11th, 2018 at 6:16 pm

Thank you for these beautiful words. You have said what so many of us have been thinking and feeling. Hockey is family, as a mom of 3 hockey players and billet mom to countless others this tragedy hits home. So many tears shed for so many I am praying for comfort and healing. #HumboldtStrong

26. Carla Lehman Photography

April 12th, 2018 at 2:52 pm

Thank you so much Laura, I’m praying too.

27. Michele

April 11th, 2018 at 6:32 pm

Thank you for sharing such beautiful words. ❤

28. Carla Lehman Photography

April 12th, 2018 at 2:51 pm

Thank you Michele, I appreciate you taking the time to read them! xo

29. Irma

April 15th, 2018 at 2:57 pm

Carla,
    Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. Your words hit the very heart of how I have been feeling. I have hugged my kids tighter and am thankful. I grieve as think of the families who can no longer hold their Son, daughter, Father, or Grandpa. 💖

30. Carla Lehman Photography

April 18th, 2018 at 12:07 pm

Thank you Irma, your words are exactly how I feel. Hugging my babies just a little bit tighter…